Video: International AIDS Conference 2018
The International AIDS Conference is the largest conference on any global health or development issues in the world.
- The 22nd International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2018) will take place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands on 23-27 July 2018. The pre-conference will take place immediately prior on 21 and 22 July.
- The International AIDS Conference is held every two years and is the largest conference on any global health issue in the world.
- Gathering more than 15,000 global leaders, policy makers, researchers and advocates, it is a unique forum that intersects science, advocacy and human rights.
- The theme of AIDS 2018 is Breaking Barriers Building Bridges, drawing attention to the need of rights-based approaches to more effectively reach key populations, including in Eastern Europe and Central Asia and the North-African/Middle Eastern regions where epidemics are growing.
- AIDS 2018 aims to promote human rights based and evidence-informed HIV responses that are tailored to the needs of particularly vulnerable communities — including people living with HIV, displaced populations, men who have sex with men, people in closed settings, people who use drugs, sex workers, transgender people, women and girls and young people — and collaborate in fighting the disease beyond country borders.